Push notifications looks almost like an SMS message or a mobile alert, but only can be reachable to you, if you have downloaded the App. Every mobile platform has a support of push notifications - Windows, iOS, Android, Fire OS and blackberry all have their own services.
- Push notifications drive the traffic and increase App engagement but they should neither be too sparse nor too frequent.
- They are used to keep customers connected with the App as they have a direct reach to the customers. Push Notifications keep customers on alert about the ongoing deals and offers.
- They are quicker than emails and cheaper as compared to SMS.
- The analytics based on push notifications can also be used for Marketing, as they can give an insight on customer’s behavior.
- They are easy to manage, user-friendly and effective.